Last October, I had the privilege to go back to Wesleyan University as a speaker. I gave a one-hour talk on how lean startup principles can be applied to nonprofits and social ventures. My talk was part of the inaugural speaker series of the Patricelli Center for Social Entrepreneurship. Wesleyan has recently made the video [...]
Tag Archives | Nonprofits
Nonprofit startups face all the challenges nonprofits face, plus all the challenges of for-profit startups. The compounded nature makes it more difficult, not less, to start a successful, lean, and sustainable nonprofit compared to a similar for-profit. One of the key pieces that nonprofit founders frequently forget is that not making a profit doesn’t mean [...]
Want to change the world, but have limited time and money at your disposal? Join the club. You can’t drive change if you pour your heart and soul into an inefficient engine. You need to get lean. Nonprofits and social movements need to learn from the lean methodology, or risk wasting resources and throwing away [...]
- Your Brain is not as Smart as it Thinks March 7, 2014
- How to Set your Minimum Success Criteria March 4, 2014
- Lean + Agile DC: A Summary in Tweets February 12, 2014
- Stop Celebrating Failure January 14, 2014
- One Simple Trick for Succeeding at User Centered Design January 6, 2014
- Make Your Web Application More Secure By Focusing on Users August 11, 2011
- Interview with Elliot Susel: Tech Risk + Agile February 22, 2013
- The Three Biggest Risks to Your Startup February 21, 2013
- It’s Time for Nonprofits to Get Lean November 11, 2011
- Good Enough Technology August 29, 2012
- Your Brain is not as Smart as it Thinks - Teague Hopkins Group: […] talked before about the 3 types of risk&...
- Ego Risk Downs DC Startup Tixelated - Teague Hopkins Group: […] is not a case, as ego risk often is, of...
- How to Set your Minimum Success Criteria - Teague Hopkins Group: […] team to still be excited about the oppor...
- The Three Biggest Risks to Your Startup - Teague Hopkins Group: […] Innovator’s Digest […]...
- Robbins Hopkins: Great solution to an age old problem. I spent a lo...
Teague Hopkins (teaguehopkins)
Founder/Lean Startup Coach at THG, helping teams innovate more effectively and efficiently. @Lean mentor. #LeanDC and @CultureCampDC organizer.
Tweeting since January 14, 2008