First, it bears mentioning that this is a key challenge of starting a new business. If you can’t find interviewees to talk to, you won’t be able to find customers to sell to either. Spend some time to get this right, because it’s not a problem that simply disappears after you validate your market. There […]
Culture: the word comes directly from the Latin cultura, for ‘growing, cultivation’. So why do we insist on talking about designing or building company culture as if it were an architectural achievement? You can’t build culture, but you can grow it. The social expression of culture holds well to the analogy of growing plants. There […]
A friend of mine shared a talk by Jack Conte, of Pomplamoose at XOXO with me (thanks, Harrison!) and I was struck by how much of his talk about being a content creator/entrepreneur is applicable to entrepreneurship more broadly. Creative Doubt Jack talks about the challenge of putting out content, and how when you wait […]
Why should you care about ego risk? Because risks to innovation and new ventures follow the Pareto principle: only 20% of the risks a startup talks or thinks about are ego risks, but ego risks account for 80% of the challenges they face. I’ve talked before about the 3 types of risk in new ventures. While […]
When you’re running a lean experiment, one of the key decision points is setting your minimum success criteria: the breakpoint at which you consider the experiment to have validated or invalidated your hypothesis. Make sure you explicitly set the criteria before you run the experiment, and make a record of it. It’s too easy to […]
- How to Find Customers to Interview May 14, 2014
- You Can’t Build Culture April 10, 2014
- Creative Doubt and the Money Function March 24, 2014
- Your Brain is not as Smart as it Thinks March 7, 2014
- How to Set your Minimum Success Criteria March 4, 2014
- Básicos Lean Startup: ¿Cómo elegir un Segmento de Clientes en mercados B2B?: […] G. “12 Tips for Early Customer Develop...
- How to Find Customers to Interview - Teague Hopkins Group: […] Office Hours […]...
- BestVersion.Me | Passion: How to Find What You Care For: […] think what we are working on is aligned ...
- Nick: Your article is very useful and have good knowledg...
- Iftekhar Ahmed: Glad to read your post :). It is very informative!...
Teague Hopkins (teaguehopkins)
President at THG - Management Consulting for Innovation & Growth; #leanstartup; Serious Games; @Lean mentor. @CultureCampDC organizer.
Tweeting since January 14, 2008