Why should you care about ego risk? Because risks to innovation and new ventures follow the Pareto principle: only 20% of the risks a startup talks or thinks about are ego risks, but ego risks account for 80% of the challenges they face. I’ve talked before about the 3 types of risk in new ventures. While [...]
When you’re running a lean experiment, one of the key decision points is setting your minimum success criteria: the breakpoint at which you consider the experiment to have validated or invalidated your hypothesis. Make sure you explicitly set the criteria before you run the experiment, and make a record of it. It’s too easy to [...]
Storify by Teague Hopkins Wed, Feb 12 2014 13:57:04 Lean + Agile DC 2014 was held Tuesday, February 11. Below is a collection of tweets from the highly successful event. We pulled from hashtags and the feeds of several speakers. If you have great quotes or photos to add, send me a link! Looking forward [...]
One of the big challenges with doing innovation in any setting is that most people are afraid of failure, and when you’re afraid to fail, you don’t take the risks that are necessary to keep creating and innovating. Most professionals have had the idea that “failure is bad”, “failure is not acceptable”, or “failure is [...]
How often has your company run a focus group or usability test and generated big fat report that just sits on the shelf somewhere full of great ideas the never get implemented? You can do all the research you need, but if you don’t use it in your decision-making process, you’d be better off not [...]
- Your Brain is not as Smart as it Thinks March 7, 2014
- How to Set your Minimum Success Criteria March 4, 2014
- Lean + Agile DC: A Summary in Tweets February 12, 2014
- Stop Celebrating Failure January 14, 2014
- One Simple Trick for Succeeding at User Centered Design January 6, 2014
- Make Your Web Application More Secure By Focusing on Users August 11, 2011
- Interview with Elliot Susel: Tech Risk + Agile February 22, 2013
- The Three Biggest Risks to Your Startup February 21, 2013
- It’s Time for Nonprofits to Get Lean November 11, 2011
- Good Enough Technology August 29, 2012
- Your Brain is not as Smart as it Thinks - Teague Hopkins Group: […] talked before about the 3 types of risk&...
- Ego Risk Downs DC Startup Tixelated - Teague Hopkins Group: […] is not a case, as ego risk often is, of...
- How to Set your Minimum Success Criteria - Teague Hopkins Group: […] team to still be excited about the oppor...
- The Three Biggest Risks to Your Startup - Teague Hopkins Group: […] Innovator’s Digest […]...
- Robbins Hopkins: Great solution to an age old problem. I spent a lo...
Teague Hopkins (teaguehopkins)
Founder/Lean Startup Coach at THG, helping teams innovate more effectively and efficiently. @Lean mentor. #LeanDC and @CultureCampDC organizer.
Tweeting since January 14, 2008